Breakdown / Repair / Balance / Redo
Rev. Kathleen Baughman
Living a balanced life is probably a myth. We can approximate balance but it is never steady state. So, perhaps we are better served by savoring the brief moments when balance is achieved, knowing imbalance will come again. We may treat ourselves and others more kindly if we think of balance as a process that … Continued
- In Wakanda and Beyond, Black Queerness Should Matter March 13, 2018When I first heard that Black Panther creators decided to cut a scene that would have resulted in black queer representation in the film, I didn’t think much of it. I convinced myself that the voices of the “representation pragmatists” were right. Continue reading In Wakanda and Beyond, Black Queerness Should Matter.
- For Women's History Month, learn about the many Unitarian Universalist women who have left an undeniable impact on history. March 6, 2018March is Women’s History Month, a time to reflect on the incredible and often overlooked contributions women have made throughout history. Many Unitarian, Universalist, and Unitarian Universalist (UU) women have not only shaped and led the UU faith, but they’ve also left an undeniable impact on history in general. Here are ten of the countless […]
- Register Now for General Assembly 2018 March 6, 2018This year's annual meeting of Unitarian Universalists will be held in Kansas City, MO from June 20-24. Come connect with us. Continue reading Register Now for General Assembly 2018.
- UUJAZ Issues and Action Day – October 14, 2017 September 29, 2017
UUJAZ Issues and Action Day – October 14, 2017 – Join UUs from around the state to gain insight and take action. Hear in-depth updates from expert speakers and take advantage of the question-and-answer time to find out more about what you’re most passionate about. Get a sneak peek at what ...
- National Coming-out Day September 29, 2017
A documentary screening is planned for National Coming Out Day, October 11th. PFLAG will host a showing and discussion of the film “The Sunday Sessions” at our church at 7pm. This film is “an intimate portrait of one man’s struggle to reconcile his ...
- Unity March – Phoenix – Tuesday 8/22 August 21, 2017
People wanting to carpool to Phoenix to join the Unity March on 8/22 should meet at our church on Tuesday, 8/22 at 11:00 a.m. in order to be at Valley UU in Chandler by 3:00 p.m. and grab a bite to eat ahead of time.
In addition to water, snacks, medications, sunscreen, hats if you wish, ...